Welcome!

Here you'll find sneak peeks of recent sessions, exciting news and updates as well as some of my personal life sprinkled in. Grab your favorite snack and get comfy - feel free to stay awhile and browse around. So glad you found me :)

Thursday, July 29, 2010

90 Days of Summer - Albuquerque, NM Lifestyle Photographer

Wondering where my 90 Days of Summer personal project disappeared to? Yeah, me too!

I have been pulling out my camera to shoot, but for lack of time, they rarely get processed or posted for sharing. Nature of the beast of photography :)

So, with me having no clue what day of the ninety it is, here is one from yesterday.

Living in Albuquerque, home of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, you'd think we would get our fill of hot air balloons in the 8 day period the Fiesta is rocking our town. Little do you know, we have balloons all.the.time. At the spot my house sits, we're below one of the prime sailing paths for the balloons and many, many mornings I wake up to the sky scattered with brightly colored, sometimes funny shaped, so-close-you-can-hear-them hot air balloons. I love it. Does my dog? Not so much!

Even growing up here, seeing the balloons year round and battling the tourists yearly during the International Balloon Fiesta, I still love 'em. I still love turning a corner and seeing them landing in a parking lot or empty field, I love waking in the morning and seeing 15 over my house - close enough we can shout "Hello!" and wave to the pilot and passengers. It's just home.

- laura




2 comments:

tamsen donker said...

so cool- it's on my list of fun things to do one day!

Laura Zander said...

I love this, perfectly composed and the lighting is dreamy...