Welcome!

Here you'll find sneak peeks of recent sessions, exciting news and updates as well as some of my personal life sprinkled in. Grab your favorite snack and get comfy - feel free to stay awhile and browse around. So glad you found me :)

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sophia (Round 2) - Albuquerque Child Photographer

Remember my post about my gorgeous one year old Goddaughter Sophia from just a few days ago? Ready for round two?!?

I am so beyond thrilled to finally be able to show these! One day, with Mama and Dada both off for a good chunk of time and my own kiddo napping, my camera and I had some private time with Sophia. With just us, she HAMMED it up for the camera...smiling, posing, giving me shy little glances, giggling, and at the end? She got REALLY curious and brave :) Little did I know, a mere 2 days later she would be shy and distracted during her birthday photo session.

I'm hoping I was able to catch a small piece of the "real" Sophia for Mama and Dada. My kiddo is as shy as they come... and knowing that, I can never expect to have any pictures of her (from another photographer) that REALLY, really, really capture *her*.

My big goal when photographing anyone (but little ones especially) is to be able to truly capture them - their quirks, silly looks, little habits. I want to make sure those things peek through these moments in time... and can be captured for many years where you can look back and see those things; feel those things. Little ones grow so fast, and some of the sweet, silly and unique things go away so fast - faster than we want at times. It's important to capture what we can :)

Enjoy the many, many faces of Sophia Jayne!

- laura

















This last one makes me giggle. I love seeing that inquisitive look on her face, her little tooth peeking out. Right after this - she grabbed my lens and then moved along to squish some ants.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hello Laura! I'm a photographer new to the ABQ area and was just checking out some local potential photographer friends. Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying perusing your blog. This post and series of photos is absolutely gorgeous! Such a darling girl and perfect lighting. Looks great!

~Sara Bliss

Jules said...

your niece is beautiful and you do a wonderful job of capturing her beauty. she has such stunning eyes. gorgeous!