Welcome!

Here you'll find sneak peeks of recent sessions, exciting news and updates as well as some of my personal life sprinkled in. Grab your favorite snack and get comfy - feel free to stay awhile and browse around. So glad you found me :)

Friday, July 30, 2010

90 Days of Summer - Albuquerque, NM Photographer

For years we've wanted to garden. Well, garden something more than strawberries which we've done before and the porcupine that visited us enjoyed eating the entire plants.

So - this year, we're gardening. We built a few raised planting beds along the west side of our home, and got a little planting-happy a few months back. Spring forward a few months - a few months of Albuquerque sun and rain from the monsoon season and I think we've overplanted. The chives are being smothered by the crookneck squash and the watermelon and cantelope vines are now intertwined. Our tomato plants are over 3 feet tall and of course, the strawberries have only flowers. Figures, right?

Recently we were able to "harvest" our latest treats. They're STILL in the windowsill and I promise you, this is a shot from last week. Possibly even 2 weeks ago. I am NOT the tomato eater of the house...I'm a texture kinda gal, and this texture? Not my thing. So I fully expect this little pile to grow over the remainder of the summer! :)

- laura




No comments: